4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2010 10:41 AM by Dinz

Internet Applications

All of a sudden the list of interent applications in my Mcafee has dissappeared! these are the ones where you can authorise

to allow or block etc. I have no idea what I have done. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times but it still remains blank.

I have run a virus scan and it has come back clean. Can anyone help please?

• 1. Re: Internet Applications

I've just moved this to our SecurityCenter area so that an expert may see it.

• 2. Re: Internet Applications
            Dinz

Hi,

Could you please provide me the following details ;

What is the version of your McAfee products  ?
            Did we run Mcafee virtual technician to check for any errors reported with McAfee ?
            Please provide us with a screen shot of the screen your referring to .
            What is the version of your internet explorer (To find out, open Internet explorer – click Help – click About Internet explorer)

Regards,
            Dinesh K
            McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 3. Re: Internet Applications

OK. I will try to give you as much information as possible.

I am using IE7 and have been for a little while.

I have Mcafee Personal Firewall Plus.

I do not know what Virtual Technician is but under help if I click on the technical support tab I just get an error message Errnum: 2 - could not open browser.

I am sorry I do not know how to take a screenshot but it is the one after you click on the internet applications tab

• 4. Re: Internet Applications
                Dinz

Please get in touch with our chat technicians available at useful links at the top of this page ; so that they can help you figure out the missing items through a remote session .

Regards,
                Dinesh K
                McAfee Online Community Moderator

Message was edited by: Dinz on 7/28/10 9:41:30 AM GMT-06:00