1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2010 2:19 PM by Peter M

browser hijack

Hello,

Macafee recently detected and deleted several different things.  The first one was a file called mhtjabstssd.exe, since it was a FakeAlert-Fakespy!env.a trojan virus.  I thought everything was fine, but then a few days later Macafee found other things, which it labeled Generic.dx!tef, or Generic.dx!teh.  The only problem I had was that my browser/internet would stop working.  However, now it will just occasionally hijack the browser when I type in google, or start a new tab with something random on it.  I have no idea how to get rid of it, and Macafee isn't finding anything else. I use Mozilla, not IE.

I have already checked my C:\\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\host file, and it is as it should be.

I have also downloaded Hijack This, and deleted some suspicious looking files, which had names that matched the files that Macafee had detected as trojans and deleted.

However, there is one that won't be deleted, and I think it is not supposed to be there, but not sure.  If it is, how can I delete it, since it says access denied?  The thing it found is this:  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Vgihaxeyuv] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\agejiles.dll",Startup.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.