2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2010 2:51 PM by sgriffin

Help! Antivir Solution Pro

ok soooo somehow I unknowingly downloaded some fake antivirus protection "Antivir Solution Pro" now, I can't do anything. Every program I try to open is canceled because it's "infected", even my McAfee and Symantec. I have no idea how to get rid of this thing and I can't even get into my computer to try. Help please!

• 1. Re: Help! Antivir Solution Pro

My son also has this on his computer.  The infected computer can not access the internet, so I used another computer to download 3 files from McAfee.

Go here.. http://vil.nai.com/vil/averttools.aspx

Scroll about 1/2 way down under "Utilities" and save the three files, Aurora Stinger, Fake Alert Stinger and Stinger, to a thumb drive so you can run them on the infected computer.

Turn on the infected computer and log on in Safe Mode with Networking.  (When you turn on your computer, hold the F8 key down so you are given the option to log on in safe mode)

Then plug in your thumbdrive and run the three downloaded files, one at a time.

I am still doing this right now, so I don't know if it will work or not, but at least you can get started.  I am told if this doesn't work, I need to call the help line for my computer to see how I can access the internet and get help from McAfee remote access.  But if this doesn't work, I will probably call the geek squad or something to get help.

• 2. Re: Help! Antivir Solution Pro

Hi I just wanted to say that this discussion was very helpful. My Mother turned her computer on at about 11:45 this morning and this Trojan virus began its download process. I was quickly able to find this community and get the assistance that she needed to clean her computer.  She turned her computer on to the safe mode with networking, and was able to get online using Mozilla Foxfire and download the programs.  The last program down loaded found the problems and deleted them; however we continued to run all three scans to verify that all parts of the threat had been detected and deleted completely. so 4 hours after the infection began her computer is clean and working again. Thank you to this community.