3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2010 9:30 PM by Dinz

Just renewed subscription to McAfee

How can I check to verify that I have the latest version & updates available to me - thanks for any replies

• 1. Re: Just renewed subscription to McAfee
          Dinz

Hi ginnpr,

McAfee Security Center allows you to verify that you are running the most current and up to date products available.

Double click the McAfee icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen and you will be given a "Not Protected"/”Your computer is at Risk” status if your updates and virus definitions are out of date.

Regards,
          Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 2. Re: Just renewed subscription to McAfee

Thanks - I guess I did not ask my question properly - as I mentioned - just renewed subscription - I know updates are automatic - but I would like to know where I can look to see if I have the latest version (ie 10/11) or whatever - as I know in the stores they have several versions - 9 - 10 -11  - I know last year I was never notifed that a new version was available - was having lots of problems till someone from board said a new version is available - to just download - I would think that if someone has a subscription - they would be notified if a new version was available -

Thanks again

• 3. Re: Just renewed subscription to McAfee
              Dinz

Hi ginppr,

The latest version of McAfee is indeed out for everyone, but it goes ahead and gets downloaded a throttle.
              Open security center and click Navigation(top right corner)
              Click about in the next screen and from here you could find the versions of you security center.

DAT versions could be checked under virus scan, which the number changes on a daily basis.

In short, if your security center says Your computer is secure, with a latest DAT file, then you have the latest version of McAfee products.

Thanks,
              Dinesh K
              McAfee Online Community Moderator