7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 8:18 AM by Michael.N

How to reinstall an existing ePO 4.0 onto a new server with the same IP but different Windows computer name

Hi all,

I need to move an existing instance of ePO 4.0 patch 6 (including policies, patch version, assignements, system tree, extensions, ...) and its local SQL instance from a server Server01 onto a new server Server02 (which would then take the IP address of Server01).

I unfortunately have the strong constraint that I cannot reuse "Server01" as the windows computer name, for the new server.

Here are the steps I plan to follow :

- open the ePO console on Server01, go to Configuration > Server Settings > Security Keys > Edit > Agent-server secure communication keys > New Key > "Server02"

- backup the whole "Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator" from Server01

- backup the whole SQL database from Server01

- switch off Server01

- power up Server02 (with the former ip address of Server01)

- install a basic (patch 0) version of ePO 4.0 on Server02

- install a SQL server on Server02

- stop all ePO services

- delete the "Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator" folder from Server02 and replace it by the one that was backed up from Server01

- import the backup of the SQL db into SQL server of Server02

- start all ePO services

- open ePO console using https://Server02/core/config, in order to provide the SQL db new connection settings

- check that db.properties and server.ini contain the correct SQL connection settings

- stop all ePO services ; start all ePO services

Do you think it would work ?

Will the ePO instance on Server02 automatically have the patch 6, as well as all extensions that the previous server had?

Or are there some registry keys that I need to backup/restore first ?

Are there files located in "Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator" that I should edit to specify the new server name ("Server02") instead of the previous one ?

Thanks in advance...

on 20/07/10 09:57:38 CEST