3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2010 10:51 AM by Kary Tankink

Patch 8 deployment

msimard

Hi all, I've got a deployment of hips 7 Product Version:  7.0.0
      Build Number:  1070
      Security Content Version: 3054 in french and im lookin to deploy patch 8 for support of endpoint encryption version 6.0.1. Im wondering if i can just push the patch ( wich is in english ) or do i have to use the full install package ( wich is in french ) Also , how could i do this remotly if there is a drop on the network ? Most of those user are on the road with laptop.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Patch 8 deployment
          harris_s

Hi,

I got a similar issue with ePO 4.5, I've checked in patch 8, created an update task, but it won't deploy patch 8 at all.  I find the whole update/check-in exercise very laborious and wish they could make it easier or even automatic.

Anyone any ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

• 2. Re: Patch 8 deployment
            harris_s

Sorry please ignore, working now.

• 3. Re: Patch 8 deployment
              Kary Tankink

msimard wrote:

Hi all, I've got a deployment of hips 7 Product Version:  7.0.0
              Build Number:  1070
              Security Content Version: 3054 in french and im lookin to deploy patch 8 for support of endpoint encryption version 6.0.1. Im wondering if i can just push the patch ( wich is in english ) or do i have to use the full install package ( wich is in french ) Also , how could i do this remotly if there is a drop on the network ? Most of those user are on the road with laptop.

Thanks.

If Host IPS 7.0 is already installed, you cannot upgrade the build number with the full installer.  You have to use the incremental patch file (HostIPS_Client700_Patch8.Zip).

If you deploy the patch via ePO, then the update task will download the patch 8 package from the ePO master repository, run the installation, and the patch8 installer will drop the network connections during NDIS installation (any VPN connections will be disconnected; any applications that require the VPN may also error out; close all apps before installation).  Any VPN network connections would need to be reestablished after the patch installer finishes.  Deploying the patch via scripts would be similar as well, except the disabling of HIPS (using HIPS ClientControl utility to disable self-protection) and patch execution procedures would be created by the customer.