2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 5:11 AM by sinton

Run a file batch after a server task is succesfully completed

Hi,

i need to move  the result of a query in a remote shared folder. So i created a server task that execute the query and then export to a csv file and i creates also a file batch that take the file and move to shared folder (ePo seems can export to file only on local drive where it is installed). Now i want to execute this batch file only after the server tak (export query) is succesfully completed. I tried with auto response but i don't found a solution. Any ideas? Do you think there is a better way to move the file in shared folder than the batch file?

I have ePo 4.5.

Thanks to all!

• 1. Re: Run a file batch after a server task is succesfully completed

Hi sinton

You can do quite a few methods, I personally would set this up as a scheduled query (or DTS Package) in SQL to dump the data to the shared folder so it can be done in one go.

Another method again still using 2 steps would be to set a scheduled task within Windows for your batch file to run at a set time after the ePO server task.

Can't remember of top of my head if you can configure the ePO scheduled export to a UNC path but I'm assuming not as you stated it can only be local drives.

Regards,

Ian

Message was edited by: IanH on 15/07/10 04:56:20 CDT
          • 2. Re: Run a file batch after a server task is succesfully completed

Thanks Ian for the answer.

The second method is very simple but i don't know how much time take the export query. There is a lot of data.

The first method seems to be better than the second but more difficult to implement. I try it.

I'm waiting for any other ideas.

Thanks.