1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2010 9:53 PM by FrousteFaireElkke

Increasing Problem with Dysfunctional Software-Update Delivery Servers At McAfee?

Increasing Problem with Dysfunctional Software-Update Delivery Servers At McAfee?

Am I the only one experiencing this as an increasing, regular problem?

I am going ballistic with my poor quality-control experience at McAfee. After 15 years
      as a prepaid subscribed account with McAfee(currently thru 2011); I am getting ready
      to dump them. In the last 18 months I have had more headaches from McAfee's software
      than from the viruses they're protecting from. I have mal-formed DATs that will EITHER
      refuse to download & install OR mal-formed DATs that disrupt my other software OR
      online DAT-servers & online MVT-scans which disagree with the correct update level
      of my software, OR etc., etc.!!! What has happened with the quality-control at McAfee.

This online community, sponsored on McAfee's own MAIN PAGE is regularly talking
      credibly about the dysfunction of site and DATs while( at the very same time )McAfee
      online & on phone technicians and advisors are either clueless or stating nothing is
      wrong. How can a company be so out-of-touch with its own customers???? Doesn't
      McAfee Management realise the best-case interpretation by customers is uniformed
      techs while worst-case interpretation by customers is lying techs

On Monday, my email from McAfee stated that DAT 6041 was released. McAfee's
      online MVT stated that my software was fully functional except for the out-of-date 6040
      DAT which was in their diagnostic report and reported in my "about" page. YET, and
      NEVERTHELESS, ... McAfee's online fix and DAT Delivery Server stated that my
      software & DAT level was totally up-to-date...and would not deliver the new DAT to me.
      This continued to happened all evening until midnite. I gave up!

On Tuesday, my email from McAfee stated that DAT 6042 was released. McAfee's
      online MVT stated that my software was fully functional except for the out-of-date 6040
      DAT which was in their diagnostic report and reported in my "about" page. YET, and
      NEVERTHELESS, ... McAfee's online fix and DAT Delivery Server stated that my
      software & DAT level was totally up-to-date...and would not deliver the new DAT to me.
      However, late on Tuesday( after 9pm ) the online MVT and DAT-Delivery Server finally
      agreed with each other...and I finally received new DAT

On Wednesday, my email from McAfee stated that DAT 6043 was released. AND NOW
      McAfee's online MVT stated that my software was fully functional and up-to-date, EVEN
      THOUGH its own diagnostic report showed my DAT at 6042. AND OF COURSE, the
      McAfee DAT-Delivery Server stated that my DAT was up-to-date EVEN  THOUGH  IT
      CLEARLY WAS NOT.  4 hours later, the McAfee Delivery Server downloaded the new
      DAT.

Because of the potential threats to my computer, I have turned the auto-update OFF. I
      wait for the McAfee Email stating the release of the new daily DAT. Then I wait until
      later in the day before downloading the DAT, just in case there's been any problems
      with the "first release" of the DAT. I am experiencing more stress from potential
      threats from poor-quality DATs, more stress from inability to get delivery of daily
      DATs...than any stress from potential viruses and trojans. WHAT'S WRONG WITH
      THIS PICTURE?

1 2 Previous Next