8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 5:49 PM by SafeBoot

How to remove safeboot V.5.1.8 when windows can not boot.

Hi,

I have this case:

i know the username and the password.

but my windows is not booting it give NTLDR error.

i made a BartPe cd with wintech V5.1.7 ( is not the same version as that i have instaled this Cd was give me for the IT from the company and they use it when they have problems),

i could boot from the BartPE cd them autenticate , when i try to see the files in the disk, it give an error that the disk is not formated....

i think i had some bad sectors in that area, so i take the disk to a DR company and they could clone all the disk only sector 2.505 without any error.

I notice also that in sector 32 it have there the serial number of the disk and the model also ( is this important of a cloned disk ) ? at th moment i think is not important because in the clone disk i have the same error.

So what i need is a way that i can remove the safeboot ( the encryption ) from the disk, what should i do.

In the company the server EndPoint Encryption is in other country, and they can not help me, i have try it.

What i notice here is in the BartPe wintech version 5.1.7 i do not see there any option for remove the safeboot.

Can be a problem for the Wintech be different versions ?

How can i export my KEY and them remove the encryption ?

Waiting for the reply ,

Best Regards

Jose

• 1. Re: How to remove safeboot V.5.1.8 when windows can not boot.

This document describes usage of WinTech/SafeTech utilities for SafeBoot removal.

I suggest that you should rely on support personnel that has experience in SafeBoot/EEPC data recovery.

There might be some additional steps required to make sure that data recovery is done in most appropriate way.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 22000/PD22214/en_US/WinTech%20and%20SafeTech%20Administration%20Guide.pdf

• 2. Re: How to remove safeboot V.5.1.8 when windows can not boot.

Thanks peter_eepc,

That was the doc that i follow to try to remove the safeboot.

the company is too big world wide, and i notice as big is the company more hard is to find the correct people to solve the problem.

i do not have acess to the daily acess code, and in my version of wintech i do not have any option for remove the safeboot.

What i am think to solve this is :

1. Boot the machine with the BartPE CD/DVD. This will load the Endpoint Encryption interface.

2. Click the Go --> Programs -->EEPC WinTech.

3. From the top menu click the WINTECH option. Version 5.1.7.0
            4. Select the Authenticate from SBFS option from the EEPC menu.
            5. Enter the machine’s username and password.

at this point i am autenticated with th right password.

6. Now if the disk where OK i could make this :

6a) Authenticate from HpRecoveryFile, here appear a menu that i can see the disk "like windows explorer", when i select the disk c, it give an error the disk is not formated....

So i am here, i do not see in any place the    " Select Remove SafeBoot "

Can anyone make this test and try to help-me how can i remove the safeboot.

Regards

Jose

Message was edited by: joseantonio on 7/15/10 3:42:38 PM CDT
            • 3. Re: How to remove safeboot V.5.1.8 when windows can not boot.

do you have SafeBoot, or do you have Drive Encryption for HP Protecttools? If it's SafeBoot, then the HP file is not going to help you .

If you have authenticated though, there should be an option "Mount Drive" - use that then you can copy your data off using A4K, or whatever file explorer you have in your BartPE CD.

• 4. Re: How to remove safeboot V.5.1.8 when windows can not boot.

Thanks,

and i have two type of autentications in the "taskbar" i have the "date" , " not Autorised" , " Autenticated" , " Alg: type is correct"

the option mount drive is in gray so i can not mount it,

also if the boot sector was ok i do not need  to mount the drive when i make the autentication i can go to the Authenticate from HpRecoveryFile , them i can make "look in" and the disks appear here.

but it says the disk is not formated.

i can also try with A4K, the same thing,

Maybe i did not explain well.

i can not have acess to the drive because of the boot sector or partition or file system became corrupted.

i just need an option to remove the safeboot and them take some hours and remove the Encryption, can this be done ?

Regards

Jose

Message was edited by: joseantonio on 7/15/10 4:40:47 PM CDT
                • 5. Re: How to remove safeboot V.5.1.8 when windows can not boot.

yes it can with the assistance of your helpdesk - you need the SDB file from your company helpdesk. Ignore the HP options unless you are using the HP Protecttools product, in which case you should be calling HP themselves.

• 6. Re: How to remove safeboot V.5.1.8 when windows can not boot.

did you enter the 4 digit code when you started WinTech? If not, you need to, to make the mount drive option available.

• 7. Re: How to remove safeboot V.5.1.8 when windows can not boot.

yes that´s what i have asked, the  SDB file , but they can not provide it, i do not know why, maybe them do not know where the server is .... or the people to make this happen.

Can this work :

i have the machine ID, if i put other disk in the same machine, put the image back, and them encrypetd the drive with the same username and password,

will the server EndPoint encryption use the same algorithum for the encryption, that used for the last drive ?

if so i can compare the sectors where they have error and put it in the cloned disk and try from here.

if not the user will lost all the data there.

Best Regards

Jose

• 8. Re: How to remove safeboot V.5.1.8 when windows can not boot.

no. each machine has a unique key, so that won't work.

If you can't get the export of the machine from your SafeBoot admin, and the pre-boot no longer works, the data is lost forever.

Don't you have a technical support contract with someone? If so why don't you log a ticket and get someone to help you, or buy prof services?

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 7/15/10 6:49:16 PM EDT