1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 3:39 AM by JoeBidgood

New Source Site

Greetings,

I am attempting to configure my ePO 4.5 and was ready to add my required source site and the button is grayed out.  Any ideas what would cause this?  Can't seem to find anything in forums.

Thanks

• 1. Re: New Source Site
          JoeBidgood

Sorry, can you clarify a bit - do you mean that in the Source Sites page the New Source Site button is greyed out? Or something different?

If this is the case - which account are you logged in to ePO with? Try using the default global admin account if you haven't already done so...

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: New Source Site

Yes.  In the Software>Source Sites page the New Source Site button is grayed out.  I am logged on as "admin" with global administrator rights.

Thanks

• 3. Re: New Source Site
              JoeBidgood

OK, thanks

If you log off, are there any error messages displayed under the login dialogue box?

If you restart the three ePO services, and then log in again, does the problem persist?

Thanks -

Joe

• 4. Re: New Source Site

Logged off and didn't see any error messages.  Did restart all three services...no luck.  I did delete the two default source sites as I have no use for them.  Could that have caused this?

Oh...and if I refresh the screen the button briefly un-grays (is that a word) then goes back to grayed out.

Thanks

Message was edited by: gdude on 7/13/10 8:55:13 AM CDT
                • 5. Re: New Source Site
                  JoeBidgood
                  I did delete the two default source sites as I have no use for them.  Could that have caused this?

Ah! That rings a bell - what version of ePO are you using? (Including patch level?)

Thanks -

Joe

• 6. Re: New Source Site

Joe,

Using 4.5 build 753 w/ no patches.  I pulled it, and the accompanying license, from a DoD website.  They have 4.5 available but no patches.

• 7. Re: New Source Site
                      JoeBidgood

Thought so

This is a problem that was addressed in Patch 1 (and so is also fixed in Patch 3 - patches are cumulative.)  See KB 66748  for more details.

If you apply Patch 1 or above (patch 3 is the current shipping patch) then you'll be able to add a source site.

HTH -

Joe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: New Source Site

Joe I greatly appreciate your help.  Regretably I can only download and install what the DoD sites provide and currently they do not have the patches for 4.5 available.  I may have to look at doing a complete reinstall and not delete the default sites before I create the new one.

Thanks again.

• 9. Re: New Source Site
                          JoeBidgood

That may not be necessary - do you have access to the SQL management studio so we can access the ePO database?

Thanks -

Joe

1 2 Previous Next