2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 2:44 AM by sureshkanan

pls help how to rescue my data when endpoint encryption unsuccess :(

Hi, I've install endpoint encryption on my laptop and after shut down, my laptop doesn't start n there's an error messange display

"Disk information not present, eror 0xe002000c" and doesn't display windows log on prompt.

I've already call my IT helpdesk and they said that the encryption unsuccess and need to re-image my laptop.

and its may cause i lost all my data on my hdd. anyone can't help how to rescue my data

• 1. Re: pls help how to rescue my data when endpoint encryption unsuccess :(

Do you have access to Endpoint Encryption Manager application? If not, then you must rely on your company IT helpdesk to perform EEPC data recovery. They have access to information that is needed to do that. If they are unwilling to help, your data is gone.

You need:

• Exported machine information (.SDB file)
          • SafeTech/WinTech McAfee utilities
          • McAfee Daily Code for those utilities
          • Technical expertise to perform recovery
          • 2. Re: pls help how to rescue my data when endpoint encryption unsuccess :(

Procedure for recovering:

1.Log a call with Mcafee and get daily Authorization/Access code.

2.Boot the system with the EETech WinPE V1 Recovery CD/DVD. This loads the Endpoint Encryption interface.

3.Click Go | Programs | McAfee EETech. The McAfee EETech page appears.

4.Authorize with daily Authorization code and confirm the authorization status.

5.Authenticate with Token and confirm the authentication status.

6.Click Remove EE under Actions. The Remove EE page appears.

7.Click Remove to begin the removal