1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2010 7:01 AM by exbrit

Invalid License Overuse

I have 3-User Total Protection with 7 licenses total. I had this problem before and I was told to uninstall it from every computer it and deactivate it and go through them one by one and do it again. This seemed to work for a little while, but only some of the computers had the Total Protection while others had the plain Security Center, and all of these had the correct expiration date.

Then on one of the desktops Mcafee (This one just had the Secuirty Center, not Total Protection like it should) updated and prompted me to restart. I did, and then it seemed to have upgraded to the Total Protection version, but, it said my software had expired 4 days ago. I uninstalled, and then downloaded it again from my account and now it says I have 8 licenses in use (I have 7). And in the deactive or reactivate list for my computers only 5 are even activated and if I reactivate them, it just worsens the problem.

The same thing had happened before, but when it updated it said that my software would expire in 7 days and that's when I was told to do what I sad at the very begining.

• 1. Re: Invalid License Overuse
          exbrit

You can get that sorted out by phoning (toll-free) Customer Service through Home & Home Office Support link under "McAfee Support" at the top of this page.

I'd post the number except their servers seem to slow at the moment and I can't reach the page.   Should be back up at any time.

Edit: it just came back up...

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 866-622-3911. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
          Average contact length: 10   minutes
          Estimated wait time: 5-10 minutes
          Hours of Operation: Available daily, 6am-6pm Pacific

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/07/10 8:01:51 EDT AM