4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2010 11:16 AM by M27

MVT Report Information - Error MVT installed on the managed node might be out of date

Hi all,

I have been testing MVT for a week or so and everything was ok but now when I run the MVT Health Information report I see some machines with MVT Health status out of date and MVT status is MVT Content might be out of date.When I click on the machine I get the attached error: MVT installed on the managed node might be out of date. Check if any updates are available...........

Now, as I have just installed the tool I think it is pretty recent? In my master rep I have ePO-mvt 1.0.4 and ePO-MVT Content 1.0.4 minor version 46. The extension is 1.0.4.0. I have two tasks, one is the installtion and one is the MVT default Diagnostics task.1.0.4. Epo is 4.5 patch 3. I haven't changed the default policy.

I checked that the machine is communicating and MVT is installed. I went to the registry of that machine to confirm that the dat version is 1.0.4.46

I checked the walkthrough guide and can see there is a policy to force a health check even if mvt content is out to date which suggests its out of date on the particular machine but the the content appears to be the same (1.0.4.46). I am not sure against it is actually checked?

Also, I have checked the knowledge database but there are only 16 documents for the keyword MVT.  One confusing thing is a release note for version 5.2.2. which I do not understand at all as I downloaded the packages just days ago and this release note refers to May.

I would appreciate if someone could help.

Thanks in advance,

M27

on 7/10/10 7:24:24 AM CDT
        • 1. Re: MVT Report Information - Error MVT installed on the managed node might be out of date

Hi M27,

MVT content is updated very frequently, may be every other day or two. Hence it is recommeded for you to configure a Common Updater pull task to bring down the latest content from the "Common Updater" website automatically and push the latest content to the client regularly.

Latest version of ePO-MVT Content is 1.0.4.53.

"I checked the walkthrough guide and can see there is a policy to force a health check even if mvt content is out to date which suggests its out of date on the particular machine but the the content appears to be the same (1.0.4.46). I am not sure against it is actually checked?"

Content Ageing policy is set to 2 days by default,which means MVT will flag the content is out of date if the content on particular end node was updated 2 days earlier with respect to the current date. However one could change the "Content Ageing" policy to the desired number of days, this can be modified using the ePO-MVT policy. Content Ageing policy is available under the "User Permission" tab of the ePO-MVT policy. Refer the attached screenshot.

ContentAgeing_Policy.JPG

"One confusing thing is a release note for version 5.2.2. which I do not understand at all as I downloaded the packages just days ago and this release note refers to May."

Standalone MVT is available for non ePO users and the product version is MVT  5.5.2, you may have stumbled on the Read Me for the Standalone version. You are having the latest version of ePO-MVT. You just need to keep  the content updated as mentioned above.

Let us know if the above answered your queries.

Do revert if you still have queries, Happy to Help you!

~Ratheesh

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: MVT Report Information - Error MVT installed on the managed node might be out of date

Hi Ratheesh,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. That explains it

Thanks again,

M27

• 3. Re: MVT Report Information - Error MVT installed on the managed node might be out of date

Glad to hear that

Can this thread be marked as "Answered" ?