3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 6:02 PM by Dinz

Who can help me - I have big problems with my McAfee Installation

Hi,

I used the McAfee software for about one year and purchased the new McAfee Internet Security Suite in June. At first, there were not any problems, but two days ago, I got the message that I had to install the software. I tried to do it several times, but it does not work. The window opens, stays empty, but it runs and runs and nothing happens.

The virtual technician does not work either; I get the message that the application does not work any more.

I am very disappointed as I paid a lot of money for the software. I wanted to send an email to the customer service, but there is not email address on the website. The chat can only be used in Germany from Monday to Friday, 9 to 18 (I am working then and cannot chat then, this is not a very good service in my opinion, why can't I chat during the weekend) and it seems as if I can only write an email during these hours (and I do not see the reason why).

Does anybody know how to solve my problem? My PC runs with Windows Vista.

Thanks,

DUS

• 1. Re: Who can help me - I have big problems with my McAfee Installation
          Dinz

Hi DUS,

Please provide us the following information so that we could get this fixed for you.

What is the operating system of the computer ?
          Do you have additional security software installed in the computer ?
          How old is the computer ?
          What is the browser and its version ? (Internet explorer/frefox)

Thanks,
          Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community moderator

• 2. Re: Who can help me - I have big problems with my McAfee Installation

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Please find here my answers to your questions:

What is the  operating system of the computer ? Windows Vista
            Do you have additional security  software installed in the computer ?
            No, but I did not uninstall my former McAfee Software

How old is the computer ? 1,5 years
            What  is the browser and its version ? (Internet explorer/frefox) Firefox 3.6 and IE 8

Regards,

DUS

• 3. Re: Who can help me - I have big problems with my McAfee Installation
              Dinz

Hello DUS,

Step 1 :

Please run the McAfee removal tool from this link here (this will remove all traces of mcAfee products) and then restart the computer.

Ignore step 2 if you are using a wireless connection for internet

Step 2 :

Start tapping the F8 key , while the computer restarts , you will be in windows advanced boot options
              From the windows advanced boot options select safe mode with networking.

Step 3:

Run the Mcpreinstall tool from here and try installing again .

Please get back with the above details , we are happy to get this resolved for you.

Thanks,
              Dinesh K
              McAfee Online Community Moderator