2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2010 8:25 PM by peter_eepc

Scripting questions

Hi!

Is there a possibility to modify settings like usergroup memberships of already existing machinegroups afterwards or checkboxed features on clients, for example SSo-Settings without group configuration matrices?

Actually i am still working on SBADMCL, but would like to start with C-Scripts for automation issues.

Can SBADCL.exe be called with arguments for scheduling ResetToGroupConfig+Sync from a certain script to capture afterwardly installed machines running into already named and sorted machine groups to adopt special rules ?

My next issue would be a Skip-feature -

Example: Scripting several clients // adding special users.

User already exists at one machine - script aborts at that time...

...so it time to search the exitpoint, rebuilding the script in shortened matter, and so on

What about the variant in C? anyone done c-Scripts with errorhandling ?

Would highly apreciate a sample routine for first steps in c or c# based scripting .

Has anyone already adopted rulesets in AD?

Thanks a lot!

• 1. Re: Scripting questions

Is there a possibility to modify settings like usergroup memberships of already existing machinegroups afterwards or checkboxed features on clients, for example SSo-Settings without group configuration matrices?

setuser/removeuser? No, generally you can't edit many policy properties, only the ones listed in the scripting guide are exposed through the API.

Actually i am still working on SBADMCL, but would like to start with C-Scripts for automation issues.

SBAdmcom.dll is a com interface, so you can use it pretty much anywhere.

Can SBADCL.exe be called with arguments for scheduling ResetToGroupConfig+Sync from a certain script to capture afterwardly installed machines running into already named and sorted machine groups to adopt special rules ?

No, only the arguments listed are supported. Your best bet is to dump out the info, filter it in your script, then apply changes as needed.

My next issue would be a Skip-feature -

Example: Scripting several clients // adding special users.

User already exists at one machine - script aborts at that time...

...so it time to search the exitpoint, rebuilding the script in shortened matter, and so on

seems easy enough, just try to add the user  - if it fails with "object already set" then you know they already existed, if it succeeds, then you know they did not. 

What about the variant in C? anyone done c-Scripts with errorhandling ?

Would highly apreciate a sample routine for first steps in c or c# based scripting .

Sorry - I just use VBS as it's easier, but the object is COM and only has one interface so how hard can it be? Start with the generateadminauth command as it's one of the simplest.

• 2. Re: Scripting questions

Best approach to more complex scripting is by dumping relevant information using SBADMCL or API, parse it using your rule-based logic and take appropriate actions using different SBADMCL or API.

That is no different than anywhere else.