3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2010 2:10 AM by ruifernandes

I dont know where is my grant number.

Hi!!

I have a big problem; I am the new IT technician in an enterprise that has the Virus scan enterprise.

The problem is that they haven’t saved the grant number, and now I want to install the virus scan 8.5i or 8.7i and I can't because I only have the 8.0 in CD and can't access my client account.

My question is what I can do for retrieve the grant number. I have the Product number and the NAI number.

Please help me and thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: I dont know where is my grant number.
          rmetzger

ruifernandes wrote:

The problem is that they haven’t saved the grant number, and now I want to install the virus scan 8.5i or 8.7i and I can't because I only have the 8.0 in CD and can't access my client account.

My question is what I can do for retrieve the grant number. I have the Product number and the NAI number

Hi,

The legitimate way (at this point) would be to contact McAfee directly to have them retrieve your Grant Number.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/contact/index.html

McAfee Small Business
          Phone: 1-888-VIRUSNO
          Phone: 1-888-847-8766
          McAfee will probably need to Identify you and require some way to authenticate you as the new representative in charge.
          My suspicion is that if you only have VSE v8.0i on CD, that you may not have a valid support contract in place (expired). If that is so, then you may need to purchase a new support or possibly a new license with support, to get a Valid grant number. In that case the person at McAfee can direct you to an appropriate authorized reseller.
          Hope this helps.
          Ron Metzger
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I dont know where is my grant number.
            tonyb99

blahblah-NAI IS your grant number, but they expire every year so it may now be out of date

• 3. Re: I dont know where is my grant number.

Hello and thanks for the answers,

The company has a permanet contract, and some computers have the v8.5 instaled. I know it renews every year but they didn't saved the grant number.

I will try to contact Mcafee and i will let you know how it goes.

Thank you.