9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2010 6:17 AM by rameshk

dat pull getting fail

Hi, I'm facing an issue in automation task of daily dat pull on ePO 4.5. it downloading the dat for morethan 12 hours and moreover after a repeatative session of failing. When i try to check the dat manually in repostiry i'm facing with the following error : "Job paused, repository busy performing a package checkin" any suggestion..

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Rameshk.

• 1. Re: dat pull getting fail
          twenden

Faced the same issue last week on our EPO 4.0 production server. Rebooting the server didn't fix the issue. We fixed it by deleting the current DAT from the repository and then manually ran a pull task. This is the first time that I have seen this issue on our server.

Message was edited by: twenden on 6/30/10 7:18:30 AM CDT
          • 2. Re: dat pull getting fail

HI,

Restart the ePO application server service on the server and then check-in the package.

Thanks & Regards

Srinath S

• 3. Re: dat pull getting fail

Hi Srinath,

I had already tested by restart the ePO application server service on the server and then check-in the package. but still i was facing the issue.

then just by removing the catalog files on the ePO server,which resides in the current sofware folder. then just restart the services. it works fine.

Regards

Rameshk

• 4. Re: dat pull getting fail
                JoeBidgood

then just by removing the catalog files on the ePO server,which resides in the current sofware folder. then just restart the services. it works fine.

Please do NOT do this: it will break your repository. The catalog.z file in the Software folder is the catalog for the master repository: if you remove it, ePO will think that the master repo is empty. If you then do a pull task, ePO will create a new catalog that only contains the content that was pulled - probably just that day's DAT package - so ePO will now think that the only software available is a single DAT.

If you're having pull task problems check the epoapsrv.log for details of any errors - don't go randomly deleting files.

HTH -

Joe

• 5. Re: dat pull getting fail

The task has been performed by the McAfee gold support guys. They found there was two DAT version (60XX twice) and from that they delete one of the DAT and performed the schedule task.

Regards

Rameshk

• 6. Re: dat pull getting fail
                    JoeBidgood

Ah, OK - that sounds like they have done something different   Glad it works now.

But for future reference, you should never remove the master catalog.z unless you are prepared to rebuild your master repo from scratch.

HTH -

Joe

• 7. Re: dat pull getting fail

Hi Joe,

I had checked wit the master rep, as you said there was no packages were available and again we made a call with same ticket.They asked me to check-in all the packages maually.

Regards

Rameshk

• 8. Re: dat pull getting fail
                        JoeBidgood

Okay, that makes sense - what they have done is to effectively rebuild the master repository. This is the only scenario where removing the catalog.z is required, so in this case it's OK.

I just wanted to make sure that other users reading this thread didn't try this approach first

Thanks -

Joe

• 9. Re: dat pull getting fail

Thanks alot for making me to check the master rep Joe...

Regards

Rameshk