Could you please confirm that the error message that we received during activation looks the same as in the below pic or anything else ?? If so please provide me with a screen shot of the same. Also clarify the following details;
1) Did we have any mcAfee products previously ?
2) Operating System – (Windows vista/xp etc)
3) Service Pack –
4) IP address for the system when Activation failed -
5) Number of licenses –
McAfee Online Community Moderator
1) Did we have any mcAfee products previously.....yes the computer did have Mcafee 2010 already on it, but was nearly at the end of the subscription and was registered in someone elses name
2) Operating System.....Windows XP
3) Service Pack –3 (latest)
4) IP address for the system when Activation failed -Dont know...never looked
5) Number of licenses –This retail box is for 3 licences
I dont remember seeing that box below.....do you think it wont let me activate it because it still is activated?
Sorry for the inconvenience caused in activating the products. Please run the removal tool from here here (thiswill remove your existing mcafee products)
Reinstall the products and Right click on M icon, click product setup and try activating normally, this should work.
McAfee Online Comuunity Moderator