3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2010 9:49 AM by Dinz

Serial not working on Total Protection 2010...help needed.

Hi, I recently bought the retail boxed & sealed version on Mcafee Total Protection 2010 (off ebay), I installed it off the CD but it downloaded a load of files from the internet (the latest version i pesume), when i came to activate it i entered the Product code but it wouldnt activate it?? Is there a support email that i can send the product key to so they can verify it?

The computer did have a previous version on there that was registered in someone elses name and i uninstalled that before i installed this retail version. The program works fine as it seems to be activated for another 2 weeks yet until i need to reactivate it (probably from the last version)....it has given me a date of 14th july before it un-activates.

If i enter the new product key after the 14th july will it be ok then?

Any help is most welcome.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Serial not working on Total Protection 2010...help needed.
          Dinz

Hi,

Could you please confirm that the error message that we received during activation looks the same as in the below pic or anything else ?? If so please provide me with a screen shot of the same. Also clarify the following details;

1)      Did we have any mcAfee products previously ?

2)      Operating System – (Windows vista/xp etc)

3)      Service Pack –

4)      IP address for the system when Activation failed -

5)      Number of licenses –

Activation error.JPG

Regards,

Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 2. Re: Serial not working on Total Protection 2010...help needed.

1)      Did we have any mcAfee products previously.....yes the computer did have Mcafee 2010 already on it, but was nearly at the end of the subscription and was registered in someone elses name

2)      Operating System.....Windows XP

3)      Service Pack –3 (latest)

4)      IP address for the system when Activation failed -Dont know...never looked

5)      Number of licenses –This retail box is for 3 licences

I dont remember seeing that box below.....do you think it wont let me activate it because it still is activated?

Activation error.JPG

• 3. Re: Serial not working on Total Protection 2010...help needed.
              Dinz

Hi skilby99,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused in activating the products. Please run the removal tool from here here (thiswill remove your existing mcafee products)

Reinstall the products and Right click on M icon, click product setup and try activating normally, this should work.

Regards,
              DineshK
              McAfee Online Comuunity Moderator