bought in bestbuy

pic below

system:win7

• 1. Re: can not activate total protection 2010

amazing software waste my money waste my time

• 2. Re: can not activate total protection 2010
            Dinz

Hi

Sorry for the inconvenience caused in activating your products. Please follow these steps below and then try activating your products. Let me know if any issues on the same.

Win Vista or 7

1. Click the Windows Button and type cmd.exe into the search bar.
            2. Right-click cmd.exe in the search list, and select Run as Administrator.
            3. Type the following text, then press ENTER:

c:\program files\mcafee\msc\mcoemmgr.exe /regserver

4. Right-click the M icon in your taskbar and select either Activate, Activate Now, Register, or Register Now.
            5. Follow the instructions.

Windows XP

1. Double-click My Computer.
            2. Double-click the C: drive.
            3. Right-click the Sysprep folder, and select Rename.
            4. Rename the Sysprep folder to OLDsysprep.
            5. Close Windows Explorer.
            6. Right-click the M icon in your taskbar and select either Activate, Activate Now, Register or Register Now.
            7. Follow the instructions.

Regards,
            Dinesh K
            McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 3. Re: can not activate total protection 2010

Hi - origonally had McAfee Security Centre installed on 64bit Windows 7 laptop with 12/7/10 expiry. Purchased full copy of McAfee Total Protection 2010 and loaded on 03/07/10 and it failed to activate. Have tried numerous times to activate software, and have tried suggestion by using program manager cmd.exe etc without success, and right clicking on icon etc.

• 4. Re: can not activate total protection 2010
                Dinz

Hi tonyroberts,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused in activating the products. Please run the removal tool from here here (thiswill remove your existing mcafee products)

Reinstall the products and Right click on M icon, click product setup and try activating normally, this should work.

Regards,
                DineshK
                McAfee Online Comuunity Moderator

• 5. Re: can not activate total protection 2010

Hi Dinesh,

I followed the both suggestion but the McAfee is not able to activate. i did reinstalled it today and it

says i have 15 days to get activate the product, when i click activate it now i get a error msg

I have attached a snap shot of it can you please help with this.

Thanks,

Chetan.

• 6. Re: can not activate total protection 2010
                    Dinz

Hi Chetan

The attachment you posted seems to be a merging issue with your account details and the product installed in your machine, Please click on Useful links at the top of this page and click Technical support and get in touch with our technicians so that they sort out the issue and and get your products registered .