2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2010 6:45 AM by Peter M

Mc afee security center 2010 won't activate

I am having trouble installing internet security 2010. I previously had the 2009 version but now that it has expired & i've been trying to install  Mc Afee security center  10 cd & it doesn't activate.  I uninstalled everything in the 2009  version. Then 2010 was run on the computer and showed renew activation it expired yesterday. Virtual tech feature is only showing  that i should renew aswell. Security center sends me to a direct link  to purchase one but I already have a CD I bought off amazon. The CD how  ever does install the internet security 2010 but it never asks me for  the product key from my CD and there fore does not activate. And I can not get it to scan, It says real  time scanning is off when i press turn on it goes right back to  off when i try to scan. I know i have a subscription to Mc Afee until May 30, 2011 , but on this current desktop my  subscription expired yesterday. How can i get the
      Mc Afee CD to ask for the product key so that i can install this  properly. I am using a Dell windows vista.

Thank you