3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2010 2:42 PM by exbrit

White empty McAfee screen.

XDFred

Hello all,

I installed 2010 on a Dell 1.8 Mhz 768Mb RAM 32 bit XP desktop.  It appears to have installed succesfully, but when I launch McAfee or try to start a scan, the black logo appears and disappears, and the main Mcafee window opens, but just as the border with white in the center.  Has anyone else experienced this or know of a solution?  I tried installing the virual technician, but the webpage freezes up and doesn't allow me to install it.

Thanks all.

• 1. Re: White empty McAfee screen.

Hi XDFred,

> Have you have made any changes to your computer in the recent past like restoring your computer to an earlier date...?

>Check if date/time is correct or not according to your computer.

>Do you have any other antivirus software's installed on your computer apart from McAfee..?

>If above mentioned things are fine on your computer then there are chances were McAfee software is corrupt on your machine & needs to be re-installed.

So please reply for further/better assistance.

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: White empty McAfee screen.
            XDFred

I was prompted to load a version of JAVA and did days before installing Mcafee.  I'll undo that and see if it caused the issues.  My browser, IExplorer, hasn't been functoning well either.  Click boxes don't work.  Thanks for the reminder.  I had forgotten about that.

• 3. Re: White empty McAfee screen.
              exbrit

XDFred wrote:

I was prompted to load a version of JAVA and did days before installing Mcafee.  I'll undo that and see if it caused the issues.  My browser, IExplorer, hasn't been functoning well either.  Click boxes don't work.  Thanks for the reminder.  I had forgotten about that.

XDFred - a blank frame where McAfee is supposed to be was a symptom of either a beta Internet Explorer or abnormal browser settings at least,

Can you provide more details such as XP....service packs installed or what?  XP SP3 is the current and if not yet installed please see here:  http://community.mcafee.com/thread/2007 and here:  http://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1315

Also please open Internet Explorer and post the version details showing in Help/About.   You should be using Internet Explorer 8 (even if it's not your default browser) and it is downloadable here:  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

It should also be set to its default settings for SecurityCenter to work properly.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/06/10 3:42:50 EDT PM