3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 11:34 AM by Dinz

Changing the language

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a Japanese language version CD copy of Total Protection 2010 and I'd like to use it in English if possible. I installed it and realised that I can't choose the user language. Is there a way I can register the software on-line and then download the English version?

Thanks in advance,

D.

• 1. Re: Changing the language
          Dinz

Hi ,

The master installer of this version is designed to automatically detect the computer language and install accordingly to that.  Is your computer language set to Japanese even ??

Regards,
          Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 2. Re: Changing the language

Hi Dinz,

Thanks for the reply. When I installed it from the CD, it installed the Japanese version, but I uninstalled the software using the MCPR.exe program from McAfee and reinstalled, only this time allowing the installation program to install from the web, rather than the disk. My operating system is Windows 7 English version and the installation program seems to have recognised that and installed the English version of McAfee. So everything's sorted.

Thanks again for your concern,

Dualta.

• 3. Re: Changing the language
              Dinz

Happy to hear that the issue is resovled , please feel free to post back if any issues.

Regards,
              Dinesh K
              McAfee Online Community Moderator