2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 4:27 PM by freddo1

Upgrade to Total protection 2010 will not activate.......

I upgraded my old Total Protection  2009 > to > Total Protection 2010 one day after 2009 expired... It will not activate but is updateing the software on the internet. Why is this happening and what must I do to fix this ?    When I select activate, the activate window comes up for a second then goes away......

• 1. Re: Upgrade to Total protection 2010 will not activate.......
          Dinz

Hello ,

Please let me know what is the operating system that we use in the computer ?
          Also do we have any other security software in the computer ?
          Did we run the MCPR tool and reinstall the programs and activate mcAfee again?

Please get back with the following details so that we could get this sorted .

Regards,
          Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 2. Re: Upgrade to Total protection 2010 will not activate.......

I have the same issue, upgrading 3 pcs with a 3-user licence as it expires today and same issue; it loads but doesn't activate.

1 pc running windows 7 home premium, 1 pc running windows xp and the last running vista home premium.

Error message says:

Activiation Unsuccessful

We're sorry, but we're having trouble activating your McAfee products. You can start using your software now, but until you activate, you won't get automatic product updates that keep your PC safe from the latest threats. Don't worry, we'll remind you to activate your McAfee products later-or try again whenever you chose.

I have tried re-installing it again but same error message re-appears.

Any ideas as it appears this is not an isolated incident?