5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 3:18 AM by JoeBidgood

How to configure Epolicy Orchestrator without internet access

gents,

I support a secret network which is air-gapped, i.e not connected to any network or the internet.  How can I import AV definitions and other software into my ePol console?

So far Ive been able to get the McAfee client on the desktops via the console and have imported VirusScan Enterprise into the Master Repository on the console but how do I push VirusScan Enterprise out to the desktops??

And what about AV definitions...where do they go?

Im new to this product after supporting Trend Micro OfficeScan.

• 1. Re: How to configure Epolicy Orchestrator without internet access
          SamSwift

Hi,

Moving this to the ePO area.

You can download a zip file containing all the update files on a daily basis from here - click on the packages tab.

HTH

Sam

• 2. Re: How to configure Epolicy Orchestrator without internet access
            JoeBidgood

Sam's exactly right - we post the entire dat set as a downloadable object every day for precisely this situation. Download the package  -ignore the fact that the link says it's for ePO 3: I'm trying to get that changed - and then check it in to ePO as though it were a product.

HTH -

Joe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 4. Re: How to configure Epolicy Orchestrator without internet access

Hello i use epo 4.5, the dat on the mcafee website is .exe  format not zip format, i have 2 epo servers one is connected to internet and other is not connected to internet, so i copy the dat file from epo which is connected to internet from the location c:\programfiles\mcafee\epo\software\db\current\vscandat.

and update it on the epo which is not connected to the internet, refer the location properly becoz i dont remember now exactly.

byeee

• 5. Re: How to configure Epolicy Orchestrator without internet access
                JoeBidgood

Hello i use epo 4.5, the dat on the mcafee website is .exe  format not zip format,

There's an executable superdat on the download site, but that's not the one we're talking about here - the ePO package contains the full dats and all the incrementals, which the repository needs.

so i copy the dat file from epo which is connected to internet from the location c:\programfiles\mcafee\epo\software\db\current\vscandat.

and update it on the epo which is not connected to the internet, refer the location properly becoz i dont remember now exactly.

byeee

That's actually not a very good idea - it depends how you do it but there's a good chance it will fail. ePO needs to track the contents of the repository - in particular, in the catalog files and the database - and if you change the contents of the repository manually, these things will not be updated and it's very likely that replications and updates from the repo will fail.

I'd advise very strongly against doing this... use the ePO package described earlier in the thread: it's what it's intended for

Regards -

Joe