3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 10:05 AM by nchattop

Real-Time Scanning and Firewall Disabled

I recently purchased McAfee Total Protection 2010. I installed it on my computer two days ago. It was working fine, it was installed correctly and I ran a full scan of my computer. The results, as I expected, were not pretty with 3 viruses found and 7 trojans. The day after I installed the program, I turned on my computer to see McAfee saying I was at risk. It said Real-Time Scanning and Firewall are turned off. Everytime I would turn them on, they would stay on for about three seconds, then disable. I chatted with a McAfee representative, who told me that a virus of some kind was blocking the programs from being turned on and there was nothing he could do. I have searched for hours on end to find a solution, but to no avail. The McAfee support site told me to try to start the program by clicking on RUN and typing in services.msc. It said to go to McShield to start it, but I get an error: Could not start the service on Local Computer, Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start. This issue has probably been addressed before, but I could not find anything that could help. Does anyone have any possibly solution to this problem? I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance.

Message was edited by: Seti1121 on 6/18/10 7:23:28 PM CDT