9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 5:22 AM by JoeBidgood

Unknown Daily tasc scan

Hi,

I have ePO 4.5 and some standard polices with few client tasks, but also I have one Daily scan task that is 9:00 AM and it’s very annoying, I wont to get rid of this task but I cant find this task. Any idea where I need to look for this, there is no tasks called Daily scan in the client task.

Any idea what can I do?

• 1. Re: Unknown Daily tasc scan
          JoeBidgood

Maybe it's a locally configured task - i.e. one created outside ePO? If you look in the VSE console on the client machines, can you see the task there?

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: Unknown Daily tasc scan

Well I checked that and no, there are no local tasks and what’s worse this task is running on all computers :/

• 3. Re: Unknown Daily tasc scan
              JoeBidgood

Hmmm... all computers would certainly imply that it's an ePO task at fault...

Look in the ..\documents and settings\all users\application data\mcafee\common framework\task folder - there should be a number of .ini files. If you open these in a text editor, can you find one with the same name as the task that is causing the problem?

Thanks -

Joe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Unknown Daily tasc scan

Yes I got this 31.ini file and it say:

TaskName=Daily scan

I was also chcecking that in the on access scan log but in ePO server there is no task like that :/

I even added a second daily scan at 12:00 and we got two of them, but this second scan I was able to delete or do something but this scan at 9:00 I can't see it in server.

I am looking in the wrong places or something is wrong? This task should be in Client tasks? Or we can add this kind of scans someware else?

• 5. Re: Unknown Daily tasc scan
                  JoeBidgood

It sounds like you are looking in the right place - it's definitely a client task that is incorrect here.

There's a possibility this is a problem in the ePO database - do you have access to the SQL Management Studio? If so, can you run the following query against the ePO database, save the results to a text file, and post them here?

SELECT * FROM ePOTask ORDER BY AutoID

If not, or of you are not happy working with the database, then I'd recommend opening a support case so that we can have a look.

Thanks -

Joe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Unknown Daily tasc scan

This is the result

• 7. Re: Unknown Daily tasc scan
                      JoeBidgood

Okay, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong here. It's possible  that there may be a problem elsewhere.

If you're happy to edit the  db directly, you can try this: PLEASE make sure you back up the  database first, though

DELETE FROM ePOTask WHERE AutoID in (31,  32)

Then send a wakeup call to a couple of machines and see if the 31.ini file is removed. Assuming it is, you can create a new scan task, and make sure that it is sent to the machines correctly.

Please note that NO OTHER USERS should run this query: it is unique to Uzi's environment at this point in time.

Regards -

Joe

• 8. Re: Unknown Daily tasc scan

That Helped. Thank you very much. Any idea why it happened that I did not see those tasks in "client tasks"?

• 9. Re: Unknown Daily tasc scan
                          JoeBidgood

Glad it worked

I'm afraid I can't explain it - I'm assuming there was something incorrect in the DB that prevented it from being visible, but I'm not sure what. Sorry

Regards -

Joe