1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 17, 2010 5:32 AM by Attila Polinger

Temporary disable of access protection via script/command line?

Is there any way to use a command line argument for McConsol.exe to disable access protection?  Is there a way to do it via script or command line?

My company has a user-defined rule which completely prevents ALL VSTO (Visual Studio Tools for Office) addins from working.  Thankfully, they did give insight to allow any user to temporarily disable this 'feature' (it will reactivate via updating policies).  Anyway, I need to be able to disable this feature via batch file/script or some automated way, instead of GUI access.

Any ideas?

BTW, this question was already asked in the post below, but the answer thread goes no where.

http://community.mcafee.com/message/20162#20162

Message was edited by: tim2u on 6/22/10 9:57:59 AM CDT
        • 1. Re: Temporary disable of access protection via script/command line?
          Attila Polinger

Hi,

I know of no direct parameter which would disable this feature with McConsol.exe, but you could be succeeding with changing this regkey which I assume controls Access Protection enabled state:

0-disabled, 1-enabled

HKLM\Software\McAfee\VSCore\On Access Scanner\BehaviourBlocking\APEnabled

If the rule protecting McAfee registry settings is enabled, then you won't be able to change this key from anywhere, but you can give a try...

Attila