1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2010 3:59 PM by makimonaco Branched to a new discussion.

How to add a program to trusted list

I have an application which McAfee takes for a virus and quaratines it. I then restore ir but when I re-run the application it quarantines it again. How can I all a .dll to the trusted list?

• 1. Re: How to add a program to trusted list
          k3tg

You will need to submit the file(s) to McAfee for anaylysis as currently McAfee views this as a threat. McAfee uses Artemis technology and it is very effective. See the link for more details.The specified item was not found.

Good Luck

• 2. Re: How to add a program to trusted list

I did as suggested and within 6 hours I received a .dat file correcting the error. It was excellent, I never thought it could be that fast.

El mensaje fue editado por: makimonaco on 17/06/10 14:23:50 CDT

El mensaje fue editado por: makimonaco on 17/06/10 14:33:33 CDT
            • 3. Re: How to add a program to trusted list
              k3tg

Glad to hear your issue is resolved. I never did really know how much time it usually takes for them to respond to a submission.

If you have any issues down the road, we are here to help.

Good Luck

• 4. Re: How to add a program to trusted list
                exbrit

As a footnote to this, we have asked them to reintroduce to the home products the ability to ignore/trust files or folders and hope that it will be brought back soon.   It was a part of the home edition of VirusScan up to version 7 then it disappeared.

Glad you are OK now anway ;-)

• 5. Re: How to add a program to trusted list

I think that I was glad too soon.... I applied the .dat file and it still thinks that my application is ARTEMIS virus so.. they have not fixed it.  I don't think that I will ask them, again, to review this issue. We will be uninstalling McAfee from that PC and install Kaspersky instead.

It is true that the previous versions were much better as far as the user interface. I don't know who had the idea to go to a worse interface system!

Thanks,

Robert

• 6. Re: How to add a program to trusted list

Actually, when I go to the WEBIMMUNE site to review my ticket, their anser was:

inconclusive [ armaccess.dll ]
                    Upon analysis the file submitted does  not appear to contain one of the 200,000 known threats in the AutoImmune    database. The file may contain a new threat, or no code capable of being  infected. Your submission is being forwarded to   an McAfee Labs Researcher for further analysis.  You will be contacted  by McAfee through e-mail with the results of that   analysis.

Si if they did not detect a threat...  why does McAfee quarantine it????

• 7. Re: How to add a program to trusted list
                      exbrit

makimonaco wrote:

Actually, when I go to the WEBIMMUNE site to review my ticket, their anser was:

inconclusive [ armaccess.dll ]
                      Upon analysis the file submitted does  not appear to contain one of the 200,000 known threats in the AutoImmune    database. The file may contain a new threat, or no code capable of being  infected. Your submission is being forwarded to   an McAfee Labs Researcher for further analysis.  You will be contacted  by McAfee through e-mail with the results of that   analysis.

Si if they did not detect a threat...  why does McAfee quarantine it????

They are doing further analysis and will let you know.  If you post the Artemis detection number here their staff will be able to look at it as I just moved this thread to the Artemis area.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/06/10 4:54:49 EDT PM
                      1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: How to add a program to trusted list

I have just re-launched the application and exact message is: Artemis!1FD5A9CB6755. Program is ARMACCESS.DLL (Video Edit Magic 4.4).

Thanks,

Robert.

• 9. Re: How to add a program to trusted list
                          exbrit

I'll alert someone regarding this.   The departments are all in different time zones so there may be some delay.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/06/10 5:15:39 EDT PM
                          1 2 Previous Next