1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2010 7:42 PM by organicfrmr

trojan detected no delete

I'm using virus scan plus, I'm not sure of the rest as I don't know how to find that info. I have a trojan (Spyagent.ev / Irmonex.dll )and I can't delete it. I can't update windows and when I scanned in safe mode my mcafee screen came up with red and the message was Real-time scanning is off. When I tried to turn it on, it just kept turning off. I looked this trojan up, and it was Identified in dec. of  2009. I paid 89.95 dollars 2 weeks ago to have someone clean my computer, he said it was clean. Now why did I get this trojan? I'm not understanding how this virus program works if it keeps letting things into my computer/or am I not doing something I should be???

• 1. Re: trojan detected no delete
          Peter M

If it's the 2009 version (square taskbar icon) double-click the icon to open SecurityCenter then click About in the lower right-hand corner to check the versions of each application.

If it's the 2010 version (shield-shaped icon) double-click as above then click Navigation at top right, then About at left to get the various versions.

Real-time protection showing off in Safe Mode would be normal as most processes don't load in that mode, including SecurityCenter

Follow the steps in this document first:  http://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1294

If that doesn't help then download, install and update, then run the FREE version of THIS software.

Let it remove everything it finds and reboot if asked to.

No anti-virus application is proof against everything out there, one has to be really careful.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/06/10 8:56:40 EDT PM