2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2010 7:04 AM by Richard Carpenter

ePO Agent Removal

harris_s

Not sure if I'm being stupid here, but I'm sure in the past (maybe with ePO 4) I was able to go to a system and create a task via Actions > Agent > Modify Tasks on a Single System > New Task > Type: Product Deployment > Select McAfee Agent for Windows 4.5.0.1429 > Select Action Remove.  Only problem I have is it only has one option which is too Install.

Has it always been like this?  I know I can remove the agent with the command line, but I wanted to create a task which uninstalls the agent on the next startup of the PC in question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: ePO Agent Removal
          JoeBidgood

I don't think it's ever been possible to schedule a task to uninstall the agent, although I could be wrong

However if you delete a machine from the system tree, you will be presented with a confirmation window that give you the option to uninstall the agent. If you select this then the next time that machine contacts the ePO server it is sent a special command telling it to uninstall itself.

HTH -

Joe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ePO Agent Removal
            Richard Carpenter

If you are using AD syncronisation, you can specify that the agent is removed when the device is deleted via a Sync Automated Task?

RIch