2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2010 5:32 PM by fasterthanjesus

Epo will not deploy virusscan to 20%

Hi

I have recently been given the task of supporting EPO 4.5.  We did have 4.0, but the previous support staff left it in a sorry state.

We are running just under 400 servers/workstations and the final 20% will not appear as compliant.

I have no formal training, but have read several white papers and trolled many many pages to try and finish this push.

Questions.

I did notice that virusscan 8.7 was listed in the product deployment under epo4.0 and now i cannot see virusscan under 4.5 - is this normal?

If i deploy an agent to a workstation, it deploys the agent only.  DNS is fine, I can rdp to the workstation and vnc.  there is an admin share and i have tried deploying with framepkg and forcing the agent to go over the top.  no joy.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

If i right click on the agent on the workstation and click about, the agent is fine, no mcafee virusscan appears.. : (

How do I get the agent to appear on the taskbar on servers?  the policy is set ok?

Many thanks

confused of adelaide

• 1. Re: Epo will not deploy virusscan to 20%
          tonyb99

I did notice that virusscan 8.7 was listed in the product deployment  under epo4.0 and now i cannot see virusscan under 4.5 - is this normal?

No this is not normal check that you have the vse 8.7 package and its extensions checked in - see the knowledgebase or the support videos on how to do this)

If  i deploy an agent to a workstation, it deploys the agent only.  DNS is  fine, I can rdp to the workstation and vnc.  there is an admin share and  i have tried deploying with framepkg and forcing the agent to go over  the top.  no joy.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

The agent install just deploys the agent this then pulls down VSE assuming you have this set in a deployment task

If i right  click on the agent on the workstation and click about, the agent is  fine, no mcafee virusscan appears.. : (

How do I get the agent to  appear on the taskbar on servers?  the policy is set ok?

The agent only shows up in console mode on a server to prevent it running multiple times for every logged in user

If you are a beginner with epo 4.5 I would recommend the support videos https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/productdocuments.aspx?strPage=1&pl=0

check out TU30138 especially.

• 2. Re: Epo will not deploy virusscan to 20%

great work tony...

I had the hot fix and language file checked in, and didnt realise i needed an install file.

many thanks

david