Perhaps it's cached in the ePO DB.
Find the user in the ePO console too and remove/recreate it there.
Thanks for the suggestion, I should have added that to my above submission. I have deleted the user account and recreated within EPO Management Console already - still to no avail :-(
If I change this user's authentication to use that contained within EPO it works. As soon as I change it back to Windows authentication it does not. This goes for the newly created account as well!
just for the sake of clarification: is this user UserA defined the following way within ePO Users ?
1. UserName (topmost field): UserA
2. UserName (when Windows authentication is selected for this user) : the domain user account name which you have problem with
2. Domain name: the Windows domain name that this user belongs to.
Also, can you log in to the server that hosts ePO with the problem account?
I see the following troubleshooting tips here:
- please check the user's workstation clock against ePO server clock against DC clock.
- also please log in the ePo console on ePO server with the user's credentials, upon failure log in with another AD based ePO user that works.
- check orion.log if it contains any specific information of failed login other than bad password or unknown username.
I would attempt to log in to the Windows system with the user's credentials, too.
I have worked out what the answer is to this issue...the user in question has no administrative privileges on the server infrastructure (as required). The issue then comes when the users is accessing the URL from their local workstation.
THe answer to the problem about incorrect credentials seems to stem from the fact that the user is not a member of the EPO Users Group created on the EPO server. As soon as the user was added to this group access was instant!
Thanks for all your time and suggestions!