7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2010 2:06 PM by Dinz RSS

Installation problems

I was having problems connecting to the Interne (Windows Vista). After several hours troubleshooting decided to uninstall McAfee. WHile uninstalling Internet began working. Tried to re-install McAfee and after going through the process I receive an error that it failed. I've had this machine for 2 years and have never had this problem. Anyone help?

• 1. Re: Installation problems

Hi dlvpil,

Could you please post the complete error which you receive while trying to re-install McAfee software, so that it would be easier for us to resolve the issue. If possible attach a screenshot of that error message screen. Also i would like to know the following :

>Do you have any 3rd party Antivirus / Antispyware software's installed on your computer like (Norton , AVG...etc)

>Is windows vista up to date...? (Open Internet explorer - click safety at the top & click windows update to check for updates.

Regards.

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

• 2. Re: Installation problems

I have nothing running in the background (other virus programs). Here are the errors.  Windows is up to date.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Installation problems
              Ex_Brit

Please un-install McAfee Virtual Technician from Control Panel>>programs and  features and install the new one from McAfee website. This should resolve  the issue with error 1316.  Try running it and see if it fixes anything.

• 4. Re: Installation problems
                Ex_Brit

Moved to SecurityCenter 10 - 2010.

• 5. Re: Installation problems
                  Dinz

Hello,

Along with this, run the mcpr tool from useful links at the top of the page and restart the computer.

Start F8 while the computer restarts and you will find the windows advanced boot options menu.

Select safe mode with networking and hit enter.

Select Administrator login and follow the prompts, you will be at the desktop.

Reinstall the programs from your account page.which will solve the Installation incomplete issue.

Do report back if any issues.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 6. Re: Installation problems

Thank you for your help. The suggestions you provided took care of the problem. Appreciate it very much.

• 7. Re: Installation problems
                      Dinz

Glad that your issue is resolved   , please report back if any issues.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator