1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2010 10:09 AM by vjagarla

error while installing informatica 8.6.1

Hi,

Myself and all our collegues in my company are getting an error

"The installer cannot ping the domain.Verify that Informatica Services is running on the domain host and select Retry.

STDOUT: [ICMD_10133] Command [ping] failed with error [[ICMD_10053] Node [node01_gg11] Domain [Domain_gg11] Host:Port [gg11:6001] has failed to ping back.].

EXITCODE: -1 "

Initially I could not understand why the informatica I had installed around 5 months back is causing issues.

Later when I checked the McAfee Agent (version  4.5.0.1270) log  I found that it was blocking INFASVCS.exe which is needed to ping the self domain option to configure domain in Informatica.

Is there any remedy ? or solution for this ?

The activity log status bar shows that Host IPS is disabled, Network IPS is disabled.

• 1. Re: error while installing informatica 8.6.1
          SamSwift

Hi,

In order to move this thread to the right place we need to ascertain which product is actually doing the blocking. Can you please post the excerpt from the log?

Thanks,

Sam

• 2. Re: error while installing informatica 8.6.1

Hi Sam,

This is the error for the Informatica .exe file getting blocked. This I took from the Activity log. If you need more info please do ping me.

Time:   5/24/2010 10:07:33 PM
            Event:   Traffic
            IP Address/User: 16.138.39.164
            Description:  infasvcs.exe
            Path:   C:\INFORMATICA\POWERCENTER8.6.1\SERVER\TOMCAT\BIN\INFASVCS.EXE
            Message:  Blocked Incoming TCP -  Source 16.138.39.164 :  (1946)  Destination Local :  (6001)

Regards

Gopu

• 3. Re: error while installing informatica 8.6.1

Hi Sam,

One additional information. This error is received when installing Informatica Server and not client version. The error is thrown when informatica checks for pinging the domain ( which is the computer name itself or IP ). Is it related to a self ping protocol getting blocked by McAfee ?

Thanks again in advance for your research.

Regards

Gopu

• 4. Re: error while installing informatica 8.6.1

Hi,

I was able to install Informatica after disabling the McAfee "Host Intrusion Prevention Service" and HIPSCore Service. But the thing is when these are enabled the Informatica admin console gets blocked.

How to run both McAfee options as well as Informatica Server ?

Anyways it's an  IT company I am working with. So we need to use Informatica for day to day work. Could you help with some patch or workarounds ?

Regards

Gopu

• 5. Re: error while installing informatica 8.6.1
                  SamSwift

Have moved this to the HIPs section for the right folks to jump in.

Cheers,

Sam

• 6. Re: error while installing informatica 8.6.1

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your actions. Eagerly awaiting the resolution.

Regards

Gopu 

• 7. Re: error while installing informatica 8.6.1

Was the HIP firewall enabled?

• 8. Re: error while installing informatica 8.6.1

Hi,

Yes, the firewall was and is enabled as of now. The end user cannot uncheck the option.

I am working with Hewlett Packard, Bangalore in India. Please find the screen shot attached for the Host intrusion Prevention Policy.

Regards

Gopu

McAfee firewall policy1.bmp

• 9. Re: error while installing informatica 8.6.1
                          Kary Tankink

You will need to create a firewall rule to allow this traffic.  From what I can tell, the incoming TCP traffic is being blocked because you don't have a rule that allows this traffic into the system.

Path:  C:\INFORMATICA\POWERCENTER8.6.1\SERVER\TOMCAT\BIN\INFASVCS.EXE
                          Message:  Blocked Incoming TCP -  Source 16.138.39.164 :  (1946)  Destination Local :  (6001)

Create a firewall rule that:

1. Allows Incoming TCP traffic

2. From 16.138.39.164 (check to see if this is the same IP address everytime or is random) on (most likely) high random ports 1024-65535 (check with the Informatica software vendor on port usage).

3. Into the system on port 6001 (check with the Informatica software vendor to see if this port is hard coded or dynamically assigned).

4. To make the rule more secure, you can assign the firewall rule to the "C:\INFORMATICA\POWERCENTER8.6.1\SERVER\TOMCAT\BIN\INFASVCS.EXE" application.

Message was edited by: Kary Tankink on 6/9/10 12:13:33 PM CDT
                          1 2 Previous Next