2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2010 3:22 PM by Dinz

quick clean can't save setting in window 7 64 bits

Hi,

I just upgraded to the new Mcafee internet security suit which included the quick clean feature.

However, when I bring up the quick clean window, it pop up a small window on the right which I can select what items to clean.

After that I suppose to "save" the setting. However, the save button doesn't work. Everytime, I open the quick clean, it will keep asking me to set it.

I only see this problem in the window 7 64 bits, my other PC which are XP works fine.

This render the quick clean useless in my window 7 machines.

Anyone has any idea how to fix it ?

Thanks !

Ping

• 1. Re: quick clean can't save setting in window 7 64 bits

Once you switch to safe mode (F8) this bug corrected in Windows 7 Ult-x86. Try to save all the settings in Safe Mode (press F8 before booting Windows)

• 2. Re: quick clean can't save setting in window 7 64 bits
            Dinz

Hello ,

May I know what is the version of Nvidia drivers in your computer.  You could check this by ;

1. Click the Windows Orb, right-click Computer, and select Manage.
            2. If prompted, click Continue.
            3. Select Device Manager.
            4. Expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
            5. Double-click your video card.
            6. Select the Driver tab. Your Driver Version will be displayed here.

McAfee customers using the NVIDIA GeForce go 6150 display adapter with driver version 7.15.11.7967, or the NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nforce 630M running driver version 7.15.11.7991 are unable to save their settings in McAfee Quick Clean.

If the version matches one of the driver versions listed above, McAfee recommends you contact your video card manufacturer and obtain the last officially released driver for your hardware.

This issue appears to be caused by code inside the video driver, which is still in beta. McAfee does not support beta products .

Regards,
            Dinesh K
            McAfee Online Community Moderator