4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2010 4:52 PM by Ex_Brit RSS

Suddenlink software?

Does the suddenlink mcafee software have a registration key or any type of product registration info?

• 1. Re: Suddenlink software?
          k3tg

Have you looked at the suddenlink website for any special steps they require? I believe you must be registered with suddenlink before attempting to download McAfee as that would be a requirement to validate your installation.

• 2. Re: Suddenlink software?
            Ex_Brit

You mean McAfee protection provided by Suddenlink?   I don't believe so - it activates as part of the installation process.   If you right-click the taskbar icon is there a "Verify my account" link?

If so click that and it will activate the product.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/06/10 5:33:13 EDT PM
            • 3. Re: Suddenlink software?

Hi - My name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink.  When log into your Suddenlink.net account, you can click on the McAfee "More Info" link.  This allows you to review the McAfee products available to you at no charge from Suddenlink.  It will also allow you to download those features to your computer for protection.  (McAfee supports this product, it is a free antivirus that Suddenlink provides to you because you are subscribed to our data product).  When you download the product, you are automatically registered.  If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.  Thank you.

• 4. Re: Suddenlink software?
                Ex_Brit

Tina,

Thanks for the assistance. ;-)