7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2010 5:02 PM by Peter M

Free fix for Security Master AV

Yesterday my PC was infected with Security Master AV.  Pops up kept popping up and telling me I had a virus and needed to buy Security Master AV to fix it....hoax!!  I naturally ran a scan with my McAfee software, but the software didn't find any threats.  Figured since I paid for McAfee I would call them to help me fix it.  Well, found out it would cost me 89 bucks for them to fix it for me...Don't know about you, but I can't afford to pay for virus protection and then pay AGAIN to have a virus removed.  I searched online and found a whole page full of sites that would remove the Security Master AV virus.  All of them gave manual instructions and would scan for free, but to get a program to remove it, no go...but I finally found a site that provided a download of a program to run that would remove the virus....I was getting popups every 5 to 10 minutes, but after running the program about an hour ago, it has not appeared at all...so I'm thinking this has successfully removed the virus...just wanted to pass along the site that provided the program in case any of you get the Security Master AV virus....hope this helps someone like it did for me....  http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Security-Master-AV-Removal-Tool-Download-1 60986.html