I have a multi-machine subscription for Total Protection. All machines run various versions of Windows. Mine runs XP. I'm not sure what the upgrade entailed but here's my laundry list of whines:
1) Intrusive super-sized notification window continually pops up from bottom right.
2) Home Network Defense feature disabled wireless printing for some machines. Paid a technician to fix (3 hours later) what ended up being....a TRUST issue.
3) Firewall feature is now disabled because it no longer allows me connection to World of Warcraft. Priorities win.
I'm reluctant to ugrade other machines as I don't want more strife. Also, not sure if renewing the subscription is worth it. Assistance on Firewall issue would be appreciated.
Assuming this is home edition Total Protection we are talking about and not Total Protection Service? - "Multi-machine" makes me wonder.
1. You can control alerts by double-clicking the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter, then click Navigation (top-right), then General Settings and Alerts at the left.
2. Wireless printing has always been a difficult one to deal with - you could have enlisted free support from Technical Support Chat (Useful Links or McAfee Support at top of page)
3. WoW and many other games have had major issues with all firewalls and I wonder why WoW don't tell their paying customers which ports to open and/or which applications to give permission to every time they update....or do they? That said a conversation with Technical Support Chat should sort it out.
There's another recent thread on the same thing here: http://community.mcafee.com/thread/24996?tstart=0