3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 12:30 PM by Peter M

McAfee - You Have Huge Problems With SecurityCenter 10 - 2010 Which You Seem To Be Blissfully Unaware Of

I have been a loyal user right back to the days of Dr Soloman and the 'angry looking ladybird' and have bored friends rigid eulogising about McAfee being the best security software around - and then last month you had to go and spoil it all.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling over and over but each time the result is the same - following an upgrade and update of Security Centre Windows Vista simply won't load and I have to waste hours and hours doing the F8 thing.

Looking at the comments on this board this is a widespread problem.  However, although we had the well publicised apology and provision of a solution to corporate users after the April debacle, the silence from McAfee on the problems arising after May's release is deafening.

I really want to continue loving McAfee but it's becoming increasingly difficult.  Please sort this problem soon with a reliable solution that works first time soon.  If you don't, I suspect I won't be alone in regretfully leaving the McAfee fold forever and a once mighty giant in the security world could quickly find its reputation mortally wounded.

• 1. Re: McAfee - You Have Huge Problems With SecurityCenter 10 - 2010 Which You Seem To Be Blissfully Unaware Of
          Peter M

Don't worry we are fully aware of the problems and as we regularly report back to McAfee, so are they and they know through their Technical Support Chat staff feedback too.   Several fixes have already been done and others are in the works.

The trouble with these issues is that some get them and not others so troubleshooting can be a hit and miss affair, however, anyone reporting problems through Technical Support is helping them sort things out.

We all beta tested the products and none of the issues surfaced until after release.

If you want to help by beta testing, feel free:  Beta Test Future McAfee Products for PC and MAC

• 2. Re: McAfee - You Have Huge Problems With SecurityCenter 10 - 2010 Which You Seem To Be Blissfully Unaware Of

It is not obvious that McAfee is aware of the problems. I tried tech support and it was useless. Techie never even mentioned that McAfee was having problems. I will try again. I have also posted a message and received replies that did not help.

McAfee should change its Home screen to note that there are serious problems and give a link directly to support or community or messages describing the many problems and symptoms that people are experiencing. There are too many clicks to find Community and any real support. Remove the Award Winning Software part of the ad on the home page. The only award that McAfee will be winning for the next few years is Loser of the Year.

This is sad for a previously reputable company like McAfee. Think of all of the users that have no clue what hit them and had to have their computers reformatted and everything reinstalled.

Obviously, I am very frustrated as are many, many others.

Again, I suggest that you make the problems, what you are doing about them, and any solutions much more obvious on the McAfee web site, NOW!

JCB

• 3. Re: McAfee - You Have Huge Problems With SecurityCenter 10 - 2010 Which You Seem To Be Blissfully Unaware Of
              Peter M

JCB wrote:

It is not obvious that McAfee is aware of the problems. I tried tech support and it was useless. Techie never even mentioned that McAfee was having problems. I will try again. I have also posted a message and received replies that did not help.

McAfee should change its Home screen to note that there are serious problems and give a link directly to support or community or messages describing the many problems and symptoms that people are experiencing. There are too many clicks to find Community and any real support. Remove the Award Winning Software part of the ad on the home page. The only award that McAfee will be winning for the next few years is Loser of the Year.

This is sad for a previously reputable company like McAfee. Think of all of the users that have no clue what hit them and had to have their computers reformatted and everything reinstalled.

Obviously, I am very frustrated as are many, many others.

Again, I suggest that you make the problems, what you are doing about them, and any solutions much more obvious on the McAfee web site, NOW!

JCB

Posting your views here may help get their ear:  http://community.mcafee.com/thread/18514