3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2010 12:48 PM by Peter M

DAT 5990

I understand the affected DAT version of Total Protection 2010 is 5958.  I experienced all the problems with the recent updates at McAfee but my DAT is 5990. Can anyone explain? I'm also experiencing the error message on logging off.  The continual updating etc seems to have finished now but I'm left with completely unreliable windows connectivity - keep getting the message "windows is not responding".  Is this to do with the Total Protection debacle, or is it likely to be something else?

• 1. Re: DAT 5990
          k3tg

DAT 5998 is the most current as of this reply back to you. You might want to try a fresh install of McAfee. Go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall and reboot. Go to Useful Links at the top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool and reboot again.

Follow the instructions on the link and run the McAfee preinstall toolhttp://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100119

Then login to your online McAfee account and download your software. Let us know how this works for you.

• 2. Re: DAT 5990

Hi Tom K3TG have done all you suggest in your reply.  Now I have no windows/internet connectivity at all and a task bar (s it called task bar - bottom right of screen?) that only emerges bit by painful bit after fifteen minutes.  I'm sending you this from another computer.  What do I do now please?

• 3. Re: DAT 5990
              Peter M

User has posted HERE that she is giving up McAfee.