3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2010 3:28 PM by Peacekeeper

Wireless computer lost internet connection with Security Update.

My guest was able to get wireless connection until Security update a day back.

Now when trying to connect...we see that the computer is...Connected with Limited Access.

Is there a setting we can change to get a less limited access?

I am not understanding the new McAfee as of yet. Help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Note: Guest has different Security than me...but has been wireless here for 2 years.

Windows Firewall is down. We can't get on the internent so can't do any Windows Updates/Help to fix computer.

Message was edited by: ksant4 on 5/29/10 10:16:02 AM GMT-06:00
        • 1. Re: Wireless computer lost internet connection with Security Update.
          k3tg

Just curious if you had rebooted the computer after the update ran? Sometimes it will prompt you to reboot and other times it will not. I always make it a habit to reboot regardless.

You could also try to uninstall via Add/Remove programs and reboot the computer. Then run the MCPR removal tool found at the top of this page under Useful Links and reboot again. Then login to your online McAfee account and download and install your software and see if that makes any difference.

Technical Support Chat may also be able to help resolve the issue and they are available 24 hours a day under the Technical Support link.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Wireless computer lost internet connection with Security Update. SOLVED

Reply by ksant4

The Computer that now has the Limited Access has a different Security totaly Not McAfee. But has been able to connect to my wireless service for two years until the last update. When looking for wireless to connect to we now see...Connected(but) Limited Access.

Just used the wireless connection the day before yesterday. Can not access internet now even though it says: Connected Limited Access.

Thank You

Message was edited by: ksant4 on 6/2/10 7:55:35 PM GMT-06:00
            • 3. Re: Wireless computer lost internet connection with Security Update.
              Peacekeeper

Please try what Tom suggested it might clear up what could be a corrupted install.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 30/05/10 6:28:09 AM