4 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2010 10:55 PM by dtaylor3985

Any facebook login problems?

I purchased a new computer with Windows 7 & IE 8.  There was an offer for a 60 day trial of McAfee so I accepted the offer.  Since I have installed McAfee, I have been unable to login to Facebook.  All I get is another login page.  I am able to login from my son's computer so I know it isn't a Facebook issue.  Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

• 1. Re: Any facebook login problems?
          exbrit

That's strange considering McAfee and Facebook are partners.

http://www.facebook.com/McAfee?v=app_216371893645

Exactly what components do you have installed?

If you have the square taskbar icon then it's the 2009 version - open SecurityCenter by double-clicking it or right-clicking it

Click About in the lower right corner and it will tell you the versions of each component.  Please post that information.

If you have a shield-shaped taskbar icon then it's the 2010 version - open SecurityCenter by double-clicking it or right-clicking it

Click Navigation in the upper right corner, then About at the left and it will tell you the versions of  each component.  Please post that information.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/05/10 3:14:47 EDT PM
          • 2. Re: Any facebook login problems?

Security Center - Version 9.15

Virus Scan - 13.15

Personal Firewall - 10.15

Site Advisor - 3.0

Anti-Spam - 10.15

Parental Controls - 11.15

Let me know if you need additional info.

• 3. Re: Any facebook login problems?
              exbrit

Is IE8 totally up to date along with add-ons such as Adobe Flash and Shockwave and Java?  For that matter is Windows 7 totally up to date?

It puzzles me  because I've had no issues with FB at all.

All I can suggest at present is to go to IE8 Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset, Apply and OK it.

Close and reopen IE8 and then go to Tools/Manage Add-Ons and re-enable the add-ons.

Try it again.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/05/10 3:24:51 EDT PM
              • 4. Re: Any facebook login problems?

Try the Firefox browser opening Facebook once you have McAfree installed.  I have the same set up and it's not a problem.  Any version of IE is inferior to Firefox in my opinion