2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2010 6:03 PM by Peter M

mcsvhost problems

I had this issue and after spending time with on line chat was exessively pushed towards the chargeable on line virus help.

Reluctantly I did , although I feel haveing paid onve for McAfee to protect my PC I struggle to see why I need to pay again.

Any way to cut a long story short after two lenghthy sessions with the on line virus removal team the technician actually left my pc unable to re start.

A comment of" OH I can not do any more, please contact a local PC Eng to fix your PC" was the fading cry as he put down the phone.

To give McAfee credit they did reimburse my fee, that was the least they could do.

However, serveral un answered emails later  just simply asking about levels of compensation due to their Technician removeing several important files from my Windows and trashing my PC to the tune of £200.00 for local Tech and two days lost work at £500 per day. McAfee have gone quiet.

This area appears to be the only way to make them acknowledge the fact that they screwed up.

So beware of the McAfee virus removal team. They may remove your Virus but they may also crash your PC and then hide away.

Message was edited by: pwaller50 on 27/05/10 00:10:19 CDT
        • 1. Re: mcsvhost problems
          k3tg

You may want to contact Customer Service about this issue and ask for a manager or a supervisor to get involved. Maybe one of the forum moderators will flag this for someones attention.

• 2. Re: mcsvhost problems
            Peter M

pwaller50 if you feel that you have been incorrectly charged or they caused further problems & monetary loss please contact Customer Service by phone or online chat via the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.  (Phone is the best).

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 020 79490107. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
            Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes
            Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/05/10 7:03:42 EDT PM