1 Reply Latest reply on May 26, 2010 5:53 AM by exbrit

How to configure real-time to only scan some local drives?

Has anyone found a way to reconfigure the Real-time scanning so that it excludes some local drives from being monitored?

My reason for wanting to do this is that I'm a software developer that works extensively with Virtual Machine images via VMWare and Virtual PC.  I have a 1 TB drive with nothing but VM images on it that don't need to be scanned.  I've also noticed that having the real time scanning enabled significantly reduces the performance of my larger VMs.

I seem to recall that previous versions of McAfee products allowed you to be very selective about what was scanned.  It's frustrating to have these choices removed.

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: How to configure real-time to only scan some local drives?
          exbrit

VirusScan 7 allowed that and we've been asking for its reintroduction.  It is possible, but not guaranteed, that they will introduce it in next years version or so we are told.

There are some things that you can alter if your open SecurityCenter then click Virus and Spyware Protection to expand that section, then click Real Time Protection.

Try juggling with those settings - Programs and Documents only is one possibility.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/05/10 6:53:18 EDT AM