3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 1:42 PM by carlob

Command Line Option to Deploy EEPC Client via ePO Client Task

I want to deploy the EEPC Client to my systems without prompting for a restart. I can deploy the MfeEEPcxx.msi package by 3rd party using the standard msi switches. This does not work when I input them into the Command Line option under Configuration before I deploy via ePO. I tried the line 'MfeEEPc32.msi /quiet /norestart' with no results.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Command Line Option to Deploy EEPC Client via ePO Client Task

Why don't modify the mcafee agent policy to don't prompt the user if reboot is required?

El mensaje fue editado por: rjordap on 25/05/10 10:21:44 CDT
          • 2. Re: Command Line Option to Deploy EEPC Client via ePO Client Task

Yes, I did think about this but I did not want to modify my single corporate MA policy to accomodate this. I would have to create a separate policy for MA on my targted encrypted systems. I have a mix of systems (laptops and desktops) in each of my ePO groups. I only want to encrypt the laptops, for which I would have to change the MA policy for only these systems, I could use tagging to aid this process but I want to avoid the overhead. It sounds strange I want to silence the restart on this product only but there are good reasons. I would like just to configure this process from the Client Task. I am test encrypting system by system right now. I will probably revamp my deployment process in the future and use tagging to a new MA policy.

• 3. Re: Command Line Option to Deploy EEPC Client via ePO Client Task
              carlob

/norestart

Do not restart after the installation is complete

/promptrestart

Prompts the user for restart if necessary

/forcerestart

Always restart the computer after installation

If you are using VSE 8.8, the access protection rules will block this, so you need to add a exclusion

Message was edited by: carlob on 2013/04/12 8:42:40 PM