1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2010 3:26 PM by jcruz1

Web Gateway 7 with Web Reporter 5.1.0

Does anyone have Web Reporter 5.1.0 working with Web Gateway 7? I have WG7 up and running and that is working great. I have Web Reporter up and running as well, but I just can't seem to get it to connect to WG 7.

Jeff Jack

• 1. Re: Web Gateway 7 with Web Reporter 5.1.0

i have try the web reporter 5.1.0.  it's seem like doesn't work at all for the web gateway version 7. the web reporter 5.1.0 work well with the version 6. not sure the web reporter 5.1.0 support the version 7.

Message was edited by: pslum on 5/31/10 2:31:55 AM CDT
          • 2. Re: Web Gateway 7 with Web Reporter 5.1.0
            asabban

Web Reporter 5.1 and Web Gateway 7 should play together out of the box without big configuration requirements. In doubt you can manually copy some of the MWG7 access.logs into a folder that is accessible from Web Reporter, and create a Log Source which imports from "folder".

If that works the issue is the connectivity between WR and MWG. If that fails as well you may not use the default Log file definitions. I would then recommend to start with the default settings and have a look.

Best,

Andre

• 3. Re: Web Gateway 7 with Web Reporter 5.1.0

Hi Andre

does this mean web reporter 5.1.0 can't be configure to collect logs from the web gateway 7. i tested on 6.8.X version and it works well.

Message was edited by: pslum on 5/31/10 3:12:18 AM CDT
              • 4. Re: Web Gateway 7 with Web Reporter 5.1.0
                asabban

Hello,

In MWG7 it is not yet possible to host the Log files for Web Reporter, as far as I know. You will need to configure MWG7 to push the Log files to Web Reporter listening on an FTP Port (Accept incoming Log files...).

I personally prefer to upload the Log files from MWG7 to a "real" FTP Server, such as a File Server, NAS or similar, and have Web Reporter get the Log files from there (via shared folder or similar). Doing so you have archived the Log files for future use and have a lot of security, in case something goes wrong.

Of course you can directly push from MWG to WR, collecting from MWG7 is not possible yet, afaik.

Best,

Andre

• 5. Re: Web Gateway 7 with Web Reporter 5.1.0

Hi Andre

I tested using FTP by following your advice and it works fine. by the way, do you know if there is a road map for the secure web reporter to get the logs source directly from the web gateway 7 without using FTP?

regards

Anthony

• 6. Re: Web Gateway 7 with Web Reporter 5.1.0
                    michael_schneider

Howdy,

it is an urban legend that WebReporter in any 5.x version can't accept MWG 7's logfile format. You can of course import and logfile which has been modified to include the respective values. This can be done in WebReporter under Administration > Log Sources > Custom Formats.

You can tell Webreporter to cope with any logfile format by specifiying the appropriate columns in the logfile to match against a column in WR's database.

I'll test with WR 5.1 and MWG 7 to see what the outcome is and let you know.

best,

Michael

• 7. Re: Web Gateway 7 with Web Reporter 5.1.0
                      asabban

I don't know if I got this wrong.

MWG 7 and WR 5.1 work perfectly fine together out of the box. But WR 5.1 can't download the Log files from MWG7 as it was working with 6.x. MWG 7 needs to upload the Log files to WR 5.1, providing a Log source with "Accept incoming Log files from..." and a HTTP/FTP port specified.

I think this was the question.Let mw know if I am wrong with the above ;-)

Best,

Andre

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Web Gateway 7 with Web Reporter 5.1.0
                        michael_schneider

This matches my findings. WR 5.1 supports the MWG 7 standard log format. However the download from has been removed. Simply for performance reasons. We might re-introduce it but for now this is not a scheduled item.

thanks,

Michael

• 9. Re: Web Gateway 7 with Web Reporter 5.1.0

Setting up MWG 7 to do a FTP push of the access logs to Web Reporter works great! Thanks for the help.

Jeff Jack

1 2 Previous Next