1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2010 3:51 PM by k3tg

Injector BGQ and Kryptik.EIM?

Hi all,

just a quick question: my system Win XP sp3 started to act weirdly, after which I made a full scan in McAfee Virus Scan (which I think is up-to-date, Dat 5988.0000, date 2010-05-20), but this did not find anything strange (I ran this in the safe mode with networking). After this I downloaded a free software called Eset Online Scanner which finds WIN32.Injector.BGQ and Kryptik.EIM, and takes care of these.

So my question is that why should I have to use some free online software to handle thse kind of issues when I have a license for the McAfee software? Am I missing some installation or why did this happen? McAfee Security Center says "Am I Protected? Yes".

Thanks, Q

• 1. Re: Injector BGQ and Kryptik.EIM?
          k3tg

Hi Q,

I have found that no anti-virus security program provides 100% protection 100% of the time with all of the variations of spyware, malware, out there in cyberspace. I read somewhere that McAfee analyzes over 10000 files a day to determine if they are legitimate or harmful and issues dat updates daily to allow or disallow these files. It never hurts to have a second opinion and ESET is one of the free programs I occasionally recommend to uses to help troubleshoot.

McAfee has published an article which explains in a little more detail on submitting files for analysis.

Found a suspicious file on your machine which isn't being detected?  Send it over!

In any event I am glad you were able to get rid of this before you had any issues.