8 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2010 1:34 AM by cojahn

How to decrypt

Hej Community,

i want to decrypt a Notebook Volume and dont know how!

I try to deactivate the Policy - no effect

try to remove EEP Software - no effect (error by remove EEP Software)

wich little Point do i oversight?

I use EEP PC-Software 1.0.1.7

Thanks 4 Help

• 1. Re: How to decrypt

You need to change product policy and have Encrypt setting in Encryption tab changed to "None". Wake-up agent to refresh changed policy.

• 2. Re: How to decrypt

What if other workstation agents synch with the server while this is set to "None"?

• 3. Re: How to decrypt

peter_eepc schrieb:

You need to change product policy and have Encrypt setting in Encryption tab changed to "None". Wake-up agent to refresh changed policy.

I exactly do that, but it has no Effect

It's the Notebook where the Encryption User was crashed... thought this is the Point..

@Jack:

I've created an extra OU in the Active Directory with another Encryption Policy where i can move Objects to decrypt!

• 4. Re: How to decrypt

Ok. Yeah, I figured it out.  Basically, I did it where I didn't need an OU or anything.   All I did was:

1. In the System Tree, I selected a system and went to Agent / Modify Policy on a Single System.

2. Clicked Edit Assignment for the Product Settings.

3. Chose Break Inheritance and assign the policy and settings below.

4. Clicked New Policy and created a policy named Decrypt based on the My Default policy.

5. Chose NONE under Encryption / Encrypt and saved.

6. Verified that the decrypt policy was applied rather than the my default.  I also checked the assignment in my Policy Catalog to ensure that Decrypt was only assigned to that one system and the My Default was still assigned everywhere else.

7.  Did a Wake up agent and saw that the Volume Status changed to Decrypting after about 30 to 40 seconds.

• 5. Re: How to decrypt

"Encryption User was crashed"? What do you mean by that? This is product policy, not user policy.

For hard encryption removal there is always EETech.

• 6. Re: How to decrypt

We've discus it in this Thread:

http://community.mcafee.com/message/129670#129670

In this Case is it the same User

• 7. Re: How to decrypt

So is this still the same case? Did you read KB article about that bug and recommendation to use EEPC 6.0.1 instead of 6.0.0?

• 8. Re: How to decrypt

Yes i read it and the User Problem is fixed, but what i mean is: Its the same Client.

In my opinion, the User Problem has damaged the Client Configuration of EEPC wich dont let me decrypt