1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2010 6:06 AM by peter_eepc

EEPC LDAP Server User/Group Synchronization

Can someone explain the engineering on this feature? I assume that it does at least these functions:

1. Uses LDAP attributes to check for any changes or updates and synchronizes to the ePO database.

2. Checks if the LDAP account is disabled and synchronizes the information to the database so that the appropriate security measure(s) can occur on the EEPC protected systems.

3. Synchronizes AD groups/memberships.

When configuring properties for the EEPC LDAP Server User/Group Synchronization task I can contact LDAP and choose attributes. Do I have to contact the LDAP server to do this or can I just manually type the attributes in the required fields? As long as the server task is successful it does not matter correct? What log file should I look at to check for any errors for this task? What if I cannot contact the LDAP server to choose attributes but the EEPC LDAP Server User/Group Synchronization task is successful (the registered LDAP server connection test is also successful). Will AD integration still work properly?

1 2 Previous Next