3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2010 1:54 PM by k3tg

AntiVirus Plus causes delay in opening Outlook Express

Yesterday, Monday May 17, a new AntiVirus Plus update was installed. Since that moment any activity on Outlook Express (go to Inbox, open message, open a link in an email, etc.) is delayed aprox. 1 minute instead of an instantaneous response. This does not happen when I use a browser (IE or Firefox). I did not have this hapenning till this new update was installed.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Isidro

• 1. Re: AntiVirus Plus causes delay in opening Outlook Express
          k3tg

Whenever an update installs you should reboot the computer. Sometimes you will gert a message stating the computer needs to be rebooted and others times it will not say anything about rebooting. I always make it a habit to reboot regardless.

You could try to run the McAfee Virtual Technician found under Useful Links under Technical Support. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and if it identifies any it will attempt to fix them. If it finds something that it cannot repair it will prompt you to contact Technical Support Chat also found under Useful Links. They can remote connect into your computer provided you give them permission and could diagnose your issue further.

Good Luck

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: AntiVirus Plus causes delay in opening Outlook Express

Thank you, Tom!

To my best recollection I did restart after the McAfee update. This being said, the delay was annoying enough to say: "What the deck?" and I did a restart, and what do you know?, the delay was gone. So maybe I forgot to restart, or I forgot that I did not restart , but anyway I turn this, you were absolutely correct and I thank you so very much!

Isidro

• 3. Re: AntiVirus Plus causes delay in opening Outlook Express
              k3tg

Glad to hear you are working OK.

Good Luck